Give me a 🙌🏼 if you love a breakfast that cooks itself? I sure do! As the weekend was coming to an end that Monday feeling was coming over me. What to pack for breakfast for the week for Lincoln? What do I want? It is pretty cold here (Michigan) right now so something warm…easy…Oatmeal!
Easy slow cooker blueberry oatmeal
Better yet, oatmeal that cooks itself. This recipe is very easy, was fun to make with Lincoln, and will give you long-lasting carbohydrates, fiber, quality, fats, protein and anti-oxidants as well. Want the recipe? I know you do!
- slow cooker
- 2 cups oats (I used rolled and steel cut mixed together)
- 4 cups soy milk, plain Choose a milk that works best for you
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp maple extract sub in vanilla if you prefer
- 4 tbsp brown sugar, loosely packed
- Add nuts, nut butters, extra berries, hemp hearts, seeds, or collagen/protein powder (especially if you want protein but you chose a milk/alternative that doesn't have any).
- Place all ingredients into a small slow cooker and set to high for 3 hours. Mix and turn off the heat. Allow it to cool before transferring to fridge. When you heat it up in the morning you may need a little extra liquid. Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
Bada-bing, bada-boom! Super easy, versatile and a nutritious and delicious way to start your day. I hope you try it and make it your own! Be sure to let me know if you do. Happy Cooking!