Squash has got to be one of favorite vegetables. Whether it’s spaghetti squash, summer, delicata, acorn, or butternut…I love finding ways to use it. It’s versatile, flavorful, and full of nutritious benefits like fiber, B vitamins, vitamin C, A, and magnesium. With lots of holiday parties last weekend, I thought I’d make a dip/appetizer with the acorn squash for you all to try at home too!
- 2 squash Acorn squash – if you use butternut, you’ll likely need about 1 lb
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika (smoked paprika for extra good flavor)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pistachios (shell removed)
- Pre-heat your oven to 425. Cut your squash in half and scoop out the seeds
- Line a baking sheet with foil and turn your squash face down, bake for 50-55 minutes
- Once squash is cool enough to touch, scoop it out, place in bowl and mix in the goat cheese, salt, and paprika
- Take about half of your pomegranates & pistachios and mix them into the tip. Use the remainder for the top. Serve warm or cold!
Did you make the recipe? Tag me on Instagram @The_beer_rd!
Did you make this recipe?Mention @The.Kitchen.Invitation or tag #TheKitchenInvitation!
Hope you enjoy this appetizer at your next holiday party! It’s savory, sweet, healthy and hey, it looks beautiful with the pops of color.
Chorizo Stuffed Acorn Squash
Cocoa Ginger Energy Balls
Peach Overnight Oats
Black Bean Sweet Potato Soup
Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Breakfast Pumpkin Cookies
Peanut Butter Coconut Spread
Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce