If you have honey, mustard, and plain Greek yogurt then you have everything you need for this smooth and creamy Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce. It’s the perfect dip for veggies, pretzels, and chicken tenders and it makes a fabulous dressing for salads and wraps.
Beginner cooks, you’ll feel super accomplished by making this creamy recipe and you’ll impress your friends telling everyone it’s homemade. No one needs to know JUST how simple it really was, you feel me?
What You Need for Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce
If someone says a recipe is simple, I expect the ingredients to be simple, accessible and the steps to be straight forward. This recipe couldn’t be more spot on for simplicity! The three ingredients you’ll need are:
- Honey: Make sure the honey you’re buying has honey listed as the only ingredient. Occasionally I’ve seen honey with other syrups in it and, “honey flavoring.” If you can, find a local beekeeper/keeptress to buy from and support your community.
- Spicy brown mustard: You can actually use any mustard you prefer but spicy brown is our family favorite and I thought it gave the right bite that honey mustard needs.
- Plain whole milk Greek yogurt: Whole milk Greek yogurt is extra creamy and higher in protein which all-in-all makes for a better sauce. If you need to substitute a yogurt using a milk alternative, go for it!
Learn How to Make It
This is a great way to use up the bottom of the tub of yogurt and make a really quick tangy sauce.
Step One: Gather all of the ingredients and add them to a small mixing bowl or a container like a mason jar. Before you measure the honey, spray the measuring spoon with cooking spray. This will allow the honey to pour off of the measuring spoon easily.
Step Two: Mix them together with a rubber spatula, fork, or whisk. Alternatively, if you put all of the ingredients in a jar you can put the lid on it and shake it to combine.
How to Use It
This is similar to Chick Fil A honey mustard so I highly recommend meal planning in your own homemade chicken sandwiches at home using this sauce. Other uses could be as a dip for cold cut vegetables such as carrots, sliced zucchini, bell peppers, or celery. It’s also delicious on salads or as a dip for regular or baked pretzels.
How Long Does it Last?
This sauce can be stored in an airtight for up to a week. Because it has a base of yogurt, it may not last much longer than that. But it’s so delicious you’ll eat it up before it has an opportunity to go bad!
Does Honey Mustard Have Dairy Normally?
Regular honey mustard is made is either a base of mayonnaise or sour cream. Mayonnaise does not contain dairy but naturally sour cream is a dairy product. If you need it to be dairy free, simply use a plain alternative yogurt in its place.
Does Honey Mustard Go Bad?
In short, yes. All sauces and dressings can eventually go bad. However, many store bought honey mustards can last up to two years, unopened, in the pantry.
Once it has been opened, I recommend following the expiration date on the container. This recipe will not last as long as store bought honey mustard but in all honesty, mine tastes WAY better.
Honey Mustard Yogurt Sauce
- ½ cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard (don't worry it does not make it taste spicy)
- Pour all ingredients in a bowl, mix and ENJOY!
If you make it, be sure to let me know what you think! Comment below or show me a picture on Instagram!