This is the easiest and fastest dessert you’ll ever make and it only takes five ingredients to make! It’s deliciously fluffy and has the perfect amount of sweetness. It pairs perfectly with its simple peanut butter graham cracker crust. You’ll think it’s a pb and j from the heavens.
What You’ll Need to Make Whipped Cream Pie
- Cool whip
- Strawberry jell-o (store or name brand)
- Strawberry Greek yogurt
- Graham cracker crust
- Peanut butter
- Optional: fresh strawberries for topping
How to Make it
Step One: Mix cool whip, jell-o mix, and yogurt together in a bowl. No boiling water and making jell-o or gelatin like other recipes. Just add the powder right in.
Step Two: Crumble the graham cracker crust with your hands and add in a large scoop of peanut butter. Push the crust back into the pie tin.
Step Three: Put the pie filling in the crust, cover and freeze for about two hours or until you are ready to eat it. I recommend thawing it for 45-60 minutes before you’re ready to serve it. Then add fresh sliced strawberries on top if desired.
The awesome thing about this recipe is that you can adjust the flavor by trying any jello/pudding mix flavor and any flavor of Greek yogurt too! Try any of these combinations I’ve made so far.
- Lime jell-o and key lime Greek yogurt
- Chocolate pudding mix and coconut Greek yogurt
- Orange jello mix and vanilla greek yogurt
- Banana pudding mix and peanut butter Greek yogurt
- Cherry jello mix and dark chocolate green yogurt
- Oreo pudding mix with vanilla Greek yogurt
Can you use sugar free jello
Absolutely! If needed choose any style of pudding or jello mix that serves you best.
Can you make it with pudding mix
Yes! As stated above I’ve used multiple types of pudding mixtures and created many different, delicious combinations.
Can you use other types of yogurt
Personally, I like Greek yogurt best because it is a bit thicker and you get the benefit of some bonus protein. However, experiment with any style of yogurt and see what works best. Try it with regular, soy, or even coconut yogurt. I often buy my yogurt at Aldi but my other favorite brands include Chobani and Siggi’s.
How long will it take to freeze?
If you want to serve it sooner rather than later, freeze it for 1-2 hours. It becomes very solid if you freeze it overnight. I suggest freezing it ahead of time and removing it from the freezer for about 45-60 minutes prior to serving.
When you make this pie be sure to cover it well with the lid the Graham cracker pie comes with. It’ll stay good in the freezer for up to three months. Once thawed, consumed within three to five days or put leftover slices back in the freezer.
Fresh fruit adds a beautiful pop of color, natural sweetness, and a boost of vitamins. Other toppings could be:
- Crushed nuts
- Drizzle of salted caramel ice cream topping
- Grated chocolate or chocolate chips
- Crushed peppermints
This strawberry yogurt pie pairs beautifully as a dessert after any summery meal. It’s airy and light but the creaminess gives it a decadent mouthfeel. Try it along side BBQ pork, a fresh salad like my Crisp Salad with Pears and Apricots, and roasted green beans.
Strawberry Cool Whip Pie with Yogurt
- 2 5.3 oz strawberry Greek yogurt*
- 1 3 oz container strawberry jell-o**
- 1 8 oz cool whip
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Mix together the yogurt, cool whip and jell-o (you use the powder directly, don't make it into jell-o!).
- Crumble the graham cracker crust and mix in the peanut butter. Press the crust back into the pie mold.
- Top with anything you like or leave as is and freeze for at least 45-60 minutes and serve.***
Seriously, the flavor combinations are endless. Which combination will you be trying first?